21 October 2012

Peaks parka.






Now then, so I designed and had my own parka manufactured! Going just a few years back, I never thought I'd be typing those words out but that's how it's gone. I'm rather proud of this one, with over twelve months in the making, they had pretty much sold out in less than twelve minutes! Crazy!

The 'Peaks' parka, if anything - justified all the old jackets I've bought over the last decade. Using that and a self obsessed 'knowledge' of old school outerwear, I wanted to do something with a direct influence to one or two of the original pioneers from US mountain states, but with a slightly more modern spin on it.

So we used a more weatherproof fabric as oppose to a cotton shell; using a fully waterproof Oxford Nylon and a 65/35 poly-cotton. Adding more considered pocket details such as one for the modern iPhone/smart phone and one for cards 'n cash, finished off with bellows featuring the all important side entry hand warmers, which many parkas I've bought have often forgotten to add!

Utility too was key, if anything based on my own personal experience of always forgetting where stuff is when on my travels, hence the specific pockets. The classic '70's green' I had always craved, yet seldom seen in modern times, turned out exactly how I wanted it to.

With just 50 of two colours produced it will be one you won't see many people in, all part of how we do things at present. It was a genuine thrill to send these out to lads in places like Manchester, Berlin and Stockholm and as far as California, Toronto, Bogota and Melbourne!

The name combines our love of both outdoor clothing and popular culture. Coincidentally the name of a Colorado golf course in a place called Boulder, to whom we owe a nod and a wink. The illustrations are from our cohort Peter O'Toole who probably thought I was fucking mental asking him to draw Jack Nance in one but hey ho it's all part of the product, finished off with our little touches. The feedback coming in is all super positive which of course makes it all worthwhile. So yeah a result! Now onto the next...

4 comments:

  1. These really are superb mate - could not be happier with mine - expertly crafted, little touches superb. You have every right to be well proud of these !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot pal, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking jackets those. Will you be making anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not of this one. May try a new colour next year. I have several ideas.

    ReplyDelete