12 March 2010

A Look in Albam.


Last Friday afternoon, and again on Sunday, I visited the Albam store on Beak St, Soho. Albam have also not long since opened new premises out in the East, but I didn't venture to that neck of the woods. I like Albam, it's nice simple, grown up clobber. I could pick out a few outfits from their store dead easy, the new range of shirts and strides and some nice heavy pullovers caught my eye especially. Funnily enough just down the road I had a look in the CP Company and Stone Island stores, labels I was pretty crazy about as a younger lad, but the only jacket that really took my eye in that place cost more than any of those outfits I talked about above, put together. Maybe I'm getting old but there you go, common sense and understated style combined.
Albam showcases it's own current range plus footwear with Grenson, Quoddy and Superga. Bags from both Albam and Altadena Works and publications such as Inventory and Alpinist.
I had a good chat with the chaps in store, and once again was given permission to take a few snaps of this store which is set on two levels, a nice and clean minimalist look, small but spacious...





West: Soho, 23 Beak St, W1F 9RS.
East: Old Spitalfields Market, 111a Commercial St, E1 6BG.
Mon - Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment