10 May 2012

Stutterheim.













One jacket I've always admired and kept an eye on is the Stutterheim Arholma raincoat. It was our sister (brother actually) site who were the first in the UK to blog about it a couple of years ago, according to main man over in Stockholm, Mr Stutterheim himself. No daft internet dibs, just fact.
This is a superb jacket, simple, classic I'd say elegant too, but I wouldn't speak like that in real life; this is to me, by far the coolest version of the old school rubber raincoat. Made in one of Stockholm's last remaining factories of it's kind, it's craftsmanship at it's finest, each one comes boxed and hand signed by the seamstress.
Add a great sentimental story to the reasoning behind it and you're onto a winner for me. Knowing what weather we get around here it'll get plenty of use, we've just had like, four months rain in four days or something equally ridiculous. I love the shape, the length and the striking colour - 'Vit', a dusty white with concrete grey lining. One which will get better with wear and age too. I gave mine it's first outing on a slightly Scandinavian stroll to the shops, teamed with some Jacoforms. Check 'em out. Stutterheim.

5 comments:

  1. this will be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jacket. What shoes are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what can you tell about sizing? i know there is a size chart but an other opinion would be great..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacoforms...i should have read more carefully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got an XL so the smaller side of true to size.

    ReplyDelete