6 September 2011

Smock.


I started getting all mililtary vibes a few months back, I dunno what caused it really, watching old war films, especially anything 'Nam era really grabbed my attention again, I seem to watch even closer as I get older, developing more of an appreciation for the garments on show now too. What can I say? I like to mix it up a bit, old and the new. Every season you'll see inspiration from past army garbs in every collection, it's not hard to see why.
Sometimes I just have to nab something that catches my eye and this old French smock was just that. Likely as old as the 50's, probably ventile (you can tell I'm not a collector of this kind of tackle) I just thought it was really smart. Looking forward to running through the woods with a big stick under my arm pretending to be Charlie Sheen come winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment