13 August 2011

Serpico's hat.







I've mentioned before how cool I think Al Pacino's portrayal of Frank Serpico is, the trendiest hippy copper ever. One thing that grabbed me was one of his many hats, the white bucket hat being my favourite. It's different to the usual type, narrow, longer, something good to hide under and something you should only really wear with a beard. Whilst searching for one I gathered this is probably just a sailor's cup hat turned down on itself. I finally found someone who made these by hand over in the US, a little more advanced than the sailor hat, customised for a better fit. I already love it.

12 comments:

  1. What, no link to where we can get this hat? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What he said. I've got the beard, just need the hat.

    Nice swan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually looking into getting some made, so watch this space...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted this hat. Is it for sale somewhere? Where are the top photos from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Hope you update it again soon!
    What's the name of the American company who makes this hat? I'd like to order one : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for this hat since the 70's,
    Please

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this part of the article. with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you.......!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude - who in the us makes these by hand????share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude - who in the us makes these by hand????share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude - who makes these by hand in the US???? Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete